What We Do
Built on a model of excellence, the Prostate Care Centre (PCC) is a specialist medical service that brings together a network of urologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, pharmacists, exercise physiologists and allied health professionals.
The centre benefits from a prostate cancer specialist nurse (PCSN). The PCSN is available for consultation free of charge to all men diagnosed with prostate cancer who live in the Joondalup or Wanneroo shires, or who are under the care of a specialist at Shenton House in Joondalup or Joondalup Health Campus.
The Prostate Care Centre provides:
- Rapid assessment and diagnosis
- A prostate cancer specialist nurse for support, education and care coordination
- A collaborative and multidisciplinary approach to patient care
The latest treatment options in the patient’s best interest including:
- Watch and wait
- Active surveillance
- Medical oncology (chemotherapy/drug therapy)
- Radiation oncology (treatments involving radiation)
Exercise physiology is also available to support recovery and optimal health.